- 46mm diameter golden sphere weights 1kg;
- 1 litre bottle filled with golden sand weights about 16 kg;
- 1 gram of gold can be produced into 3 an a half kilometre long wire, or into a foil 500 times thinner than human hair;
- If all of the world’ gold ever mined was shared between world’ population, everyone would receive about 20 grams of gold;
- Melting 1 gram of the investment gold one can receive up to 1.7 grams of jewellery gold;
- It is considered that 80% of gold are still contained in the bowels of the Earth.
Purity measurement units
24 carats — 999 millesimal fineness
14 carats — 585 millesimal fineness
Absolutely pure or 100% pure gold is impossible to obtain naturally, so the purest gold is labelled 999.9 millesimal fineness or 24 carats. Such gold is called "the investment gold".